We are not accepting applications for the 2020 event (cancelled). Please check back in the Spring of 2021 for updated information.
Please note that you must have previously attended the Fair in order to be eligible for consideration as a vendor. Please email [email protected] for further information.
for Returning Merchants:
Please see the Returning Merchant Application page.
for New Merchants:
If you are interested in applying for the Great Dickens Christmas Fair, please read the information below. We are not accepting applications for the 2020 event (cancelled). Please check back in Spring 2021 for updated information. We do not keep lists of interested parties.
The fair is a theatrical re-creation of nineteenth-century London with all the color, charm, and merriment of Christmas during the time of Charles Dickens. The air is filled with enticing aromas of festive foods and the sounds of street vendors hawking their wares. The streets are filled with characters from Dickens' A Christmas Carol, David Copperfield, and Nicholas Nickelby, not to mention Mr. Dickens himself. First-time vendors should be aware that this is a highly themed street fair, designed to create a total immersion environment. All booth workers need to help us maintain the public's illusion by staying in costume and learning a bit of English cockney. The magic of the Dickens Fair, and what sets it apart, is the detailed theatrical setting we create together and the sense of ensemble and Christmas spirit put forth by all participants.
Before You Apply:
- Make sure you have previously attended the event.
- Read thru the application once it is available in Spring, for rules and regulations: New Merchant Application page
- Study the photo galleries available on our website for ideas and scope of the project: http://www.dickensfair.com/galleries
- Make sure your product is in keeping with the handmade Victorian ideal: http://www.dickensfair.com/involved/vendors-performers/vendorinfo
- Review the costume guidelines: http://www.dickensfair.com/involved/vendors-performers/costumeguide
- Review the suggested language guidelines: http://www.dickensfair.com/involved/vendors-performers/languageguide
- Review the booth building guidelines: http://www.dickensfair.com/involved/vendors-performers/vendorinfo/boothguide1
It is important to understand that we are looking for unique HANDMADE products and prefer one product/one booth style submissions. Booths range in size from 10 x 10 to over 16 x 20. Carts are aprox. 4 x 8.
The time commitment for anyone participating as a merchant will be from early November through early January. The actual time commitment depends on your personal build and removal from the site. The actual dates of the event varies and will be on the application.
Thank you for your interest.