|What:||The 2021 Great Dickens Christmas Fair & Victorian Holiday Party|
Five Weekends including the Friday after Thanksgiving, November 20 ~ December 19, 2021 (pending)
|Times:||10:00 a.m. ~ 7:00 p.m.|
|Location:||Cow Palace Exhibition Halls|
|Box Office Ticket Prices:||
Please check back for 2021 prices and promotions, and be sure you are on our mailing list for early notification!
|Parking:||Prices TBD (charged by the Cow Palace)|
|Discounts:||Flyers will be available to all merchants for distribution to their clientele.|
The Great Dickens Christmas Fair ~ the Bay Area favorite ~ returns for its 38th Season to the historic San Francisco Cow Palace! The fair is a theatrical re-creation of nineteenth century London with all the color, charm, and merriment of Christmas during the time of Charles Dickens. The air is filled with enticing aromas of festive foods and the sounds of street vendors hawking their wares. The streets are filled with characters from Dickens' A Christmas Carol, David Copperfield, and Nikolas Nickelby, not to mention Mr. Dickens himself! First-time vendors should be aware that this is a highly themed street fair, designed to create a total immersion environment. All booth workers need to help us maintain the public's illusion by staying in costume and learning a bit of English cockney. The magic of the Dickens Fair, and what sets it apart, is the detailed theatrical setting we create together and the sense of ensemble and Christmas spirit put forth by all participants.
All Merchants Must:
- Fill out the appropriate application completely and return postmarked by the deadline for new merchants and returning merchants. Please see the How to Apply page. Note: Our 2021 Season is pending. Please check back in late Spring of 2021 for updated information.
- Design and build a booth typical of the period or wander as a peddler with an appropriate cart. Please see the Booth Building Guidelines.
- Wear approved Victorian costuming. This is required of all merchants and their employees. Please see the Costume Guidelines.
- Attend stake-out or send a qualified representative
- Pay all fees in a timely manner (see application for dates)
- Provide insurance for the event (see application for verbiage for your agent)
- Provide a current Resale Number
- Purchase their own parking pass
- Provide a fire extinguisher
Please see the application for other requirements.
How to Reach Us:
|Address:||Red Barn Productions
PO Box 1768 Novato CA 94948
|Phone:||(800) 510-1558 (voicemail only ~ email preferred)|